It has been 8+ years now since diagnosis and I am still learning and experimenting. I have been juicing fruits, veggies and herbs/super foods for just over 3 years straight now. My overall goal is to keep this disease from progressing and damaging my gi tract further. Up to 70% of those with Crohn’s will require surgery at some point. I still take my Lialda medication as prescribed in addition to my natural treatments.
As I continue to include these natural treatments, I notice that I can handle a large variety of foods that I could never before. My gi tract is not wearing itself away as in the first 2 years. You can visually see this by looking in the toilet, which is important for anyone to do.
With that said, I practice a lot of natural treatments to get to this point. I do this to an extent that I might be unique or thinking far differently from others with some of them.
- The first thing is to learn about what to look out for on a nutrition label. I am 100% convinced that certain harmful ingredients within food is harming the balance of flora. This then causes your immune system to attack itself and to cause more imbalance.
- I try to drink as much juice during the week as possible. Try for 12-24oz of juice per day. Yes this might be a lot, but surgery/doctors are expensive.
- Try a 2-3 day Gi rest! The idea of this is to actually give your gi system a break from digesting and moving food. This is where you only drink juice or smoothies for all meals. I do this once a week on Sunday!
- When all cleared out, I replace with strong probiotics and a potent green juice. Let it all sit in your gut and repopulate/heal.
Repopulate GI Green Juice Recipe
- 1 Bunch of Mint
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro
- 1 Bunch of Parsley
- 2-3 cups of Kale
- 1/4 Pineapple
- 2 apples
- 1 whole lemon
- 3-4 clementines
- Ginger or Tumeric Root
- Naturewise 30 strains/30 Billion Count Time Release!
I hope you all enjoy your Easter Holiday and really take the time to look into this natural approach. There are way too many people on Social Media that are having a very hard time with just the medical approach. Some of the above needs to be added in my opinion. Take care!! 🙂