When making up a recipe, it is a good idea for those with Crohn’s to include ingredients to treat the big 3: Inflammation, bacteria and ulcerations/irritations. You should include ingredients to calm inflammation, kill candida and bacteria and also heal any ulcers or irritations. In the beginning you target the inflammation, but down the road you need to really focus on the bacteria balance. The bacteria is the key to being free of Crohn’s. Here is a recipe idea that would fit all three. Cabbage is not the easiest taste to handle so I will attempt to cover it with some sweet base.
- 1 Apple = sweet base, colon detox, antibacterial
- handful of red Grapes = sweet base, detox, blood thinner
- 1/2 Lemon with skin = Anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, flavor
- small wedge of Purple Cabbage = Antibacterial, Healing Ulcers
- 1 inch of Ginger = Anti-inflammatory
- 1/4 bulb of fennel = Anti-bacterial, Anti-gas, Anti-inflammatory
***The cabbage is an ulceration healer, but has a pretty harsh taste. I cover that taste with apple, grapes and lemon***
This recipe below focuses on healing of the gut lining, correcting the imbalance of bacteria and reducing inflammation. After making the juice, see the cool tip at the bottom to chill the juice down without watering it down.
- Pear – Colon health, anti-inflammatory, immune booster
- Carrot – Alkaline, anti-inflammatory, immune booster, ulcer healer, intestinal soother
- Beet – Alkaline, Cancer fighter, blood cleanser, detox, ulcer healer
- Purple Cabbage – Cancer fighter, Ulcer Healer, immune booster,
- Fennel – Cancer fighter, gas and diarrhea fighter, indigestion
- Ginger – Flatulence, Anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-parasitic
- Lemon with skin – Alkaline, digestion, anti-inflammatory
- 2-3 coconut water ice cubes – Immune booster, hydrating, detox, alkaline
Cool Tip: I thought about this idea today and I am sure others have figured this one out before. I love to add coconut water to my juice to both smooth it out and cool it down. I thought why not just pour the coconut water directly into an ice cube tray. It will add a bit of extra sweetness to your juice to cover possible bitterness and cool the juice down without watering it down. Coconut water also has electrolytes and works better than Gatorade to provide hydration to the body.
***A Jason Vale recipe***
- Wedge of Red Cabbage
- 2 Apples
- 1 thumb length Ginger
After watching the free preview of Super Juice Me, I thought I would share this simple powerful juice recipe to heal ulcerations for Colitis. I juiced a lot of cabbage in the beginning with the idea that I might have some ulceration to be healed from the Crohn’s. It is the Cabbage in this drink that is the superstar here. The individual in the video was not doing well until he added cabbage into his juices and that is the key!!
These links are from: http://juicing-for-health.com – Nobody explains it better:)
***Cabbage juice is a documented treatment for ulcers. Give this one a try and see if your symptoms just vanish***