- 2 pears
- 1 apple
- 1/2 fennel bulb
- 4 carrots
- 1/2 lemon with skin
- 1 inch ginger
- a small bunch of mint
I created this recipe in honor of my grumbling stomach on a Monday morning. It seems that Monday is the hardest on my system due to waking up extra early at 5:20 and rushing around to get to school on time. I have no trouble on the weekend when I get to wake up slowly and the rest of the week is usually pretty good. It is a true case of the Mondays’.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Pears: Soothing, anti-inflammatory and a light sweetness to the recipe.
- Apple: Soluble fiber for gentle detox.
- Fennel: IBS soother! Cuts down on gas and calms spasms.
- Carrot: Digestive system soother for the gi lining.
- Lemon: Anti-inflammatory
- Ginger: IBS soother! Anti-inflammatory
- Mint: IBS soother! Anti-inflammatory, gas reducer.
The taste with this one is a smooth sweetness with the fennel coming through along with the heat of the ginger. The Heather’s Tummy Tamers that I take here and there are made of fennel, ginger and mint and the drink version of this is pretty darn good.
Image Credit: http://www.bonappetit.com