If you have gotten the chance to watch Joe Cross and his first movie “Fat Sick and Nearly Dead”, you watched Joe drink juice for 60 days with little to no food. That is an amazing accomplishment that takes a ton of mental/physical strength. His goal was to lose weight and he sure did.
If you are someone with Crohn’s Disease your goal is to try and keep or gain weight. This is where a shorter time frame would be more beneficial than 60 days. Jason Vale is someone to follow for this as he has designed some 3 day, 7 day and other programs.
I am doing a 1 day bowel rest/cleanse today since I am off and I can make juice all day long. Benefits to a bowel rest for Crohn’s and overall health:
- The first thing that I did was to clear out the whole colon completely. You can do this with either a ton of juice/water or give it some help with a few caps of Miralax. It is important to clear out the colon before you add in all of the good stuff.
- After I was all cleansed out, I took some probiotics and some organic turmeric and went to bed. I woke up feeling awesome by the way!
- I started my day with green tea and honey.
- I next made a green juice 32oz for breakfast.
- For lunch I made a juice with avocado and banana blending in to curb hunger.
- Later on I made a bit more green tea to curb hunger.
- At dinner time I had another juice with blended in avocado for hunger.
Resume food intake the next day and feel great!!! Your body will love this little break. If you do this once a week, which I plan to do, maybe it is just that little edge your body needs to win this crohn’s battle!
All the best everyone!