Questions to be discussed:
- Why should I take the time and money to add organic juices daily to treat Crohns?
- What type of juicer should I get first?
- What are some easy recipes to start with?
- What else should I be doing to help my medicine do it’s job?
Why should I take the time and money to add organic juices daily to treat Crohns?
- If you are like many victims with Crohn’s Disease, you have been told not to consume too much fiber from raw fruits and vegetables. The lining of you gi tract is inflamed and cannot deal with breaking down the insoluble fiber. As a result, most will avoid fruits and vegetables completely. The goodness in these foods may very well heal you if you could eat it. This is where juicing for Crohn’s comes in to save you. The juicer will remove 90+% of the fiber that you cannot break down and use. This now leaves you with vitamins, minerals, digestive enzymes and nutrients that kill bacteria, strengthen, heal and nourish the inflamed areas of the gi tract. Your body is essentially a juicer anyway and the juicer on your counter does the work for you.
- It costs about $25-30 per week for the ingredients I need to make these juices. Hospital and doctor visits cost much more and you are practicing preventative medicine at the same time for possible future problems.
- It takes me a total of 15 minutes to prep, juice, drink and clean/rinse the juicer each day. I make it part of my routine at the same time each day. It is just what I do after work and it has become very easy.
What type of juicer should I get first?
- I recommend to start off with an easy juicer, but a quality one. http://www.amazon.com/Breville-JE98XL-Fountain-850-Watt-Extractor/dp/B003R28HWQ = This is the link to the first Breville Juicer that I had. It is powerful and makes a lot of quality juice. There are other brands that are slightly cheaper and they cannot handle daily use with bad juice output. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f11lWuRxL-U
What are some easy juices to start with?
- I have always recommended that you start off with signing up for the FREE 30 day juicing challenge at https://juicerecipes.com/30-day-challenge/ = This link takes you there and Tracee Sloan provides a great easy start to juicing for you.
- My favorite starters: 1 Apple, 3 Carrots, 1/2 Lemon, 1/2 inch Ginger 1 Apple, 1 peeled beet, 3 Carrots, 1/2 lemon, 1/2 inch Ginger
What else should I be doing to help my medicine to it’s job?
- There are a couple of extra things that I do in addition to taking my medicine, juicing and eating foods that digest well.
- I take organic potent Turmeric capsules 2x per day. This is my natural anti-inflammatory booster to go with the juice and my medication.
- I eat a lot of garlic! Garlic is highly medicinal and will kill harmful bacteria that could be causing the Crohn’s in the first place. (Just don’t juice it) Just don’t!! haha
- I also take vitamin D and B to help with a deficiency in it. These 2 vitamins are lacking in those with Crohn’s.
I hope some of this information will be helpful to you. I hope you choose to try juicing for Crohn’s, Colitis or any other health issue you may have.
I answer all messages quickly, so feel free to send a message or question. Thank you and take care! All is free:)