- Turmeric – The most anti-inflammatory substance on Earth.
- Ginger – The second most anti-inflammatory substance.
- Berries – Raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries ect..
- Beets – A total blood purifier and great for energy.
- Dark Leafy Greens – Kale, spinach, collards, parsley, cilantro, ect…
- Lemons with skin – The skin contains the anti-inflammatory compounds.
- Pineapple – Great also for digestion and immunity.
- Celery – Highly anti-inflammatory and cooling.
Now to create a smooth tasting anti-inflammatory juice, I like to break it up into base, greens, sweet and power ingredient.
- Base: Celery 4 stalks
- Greens: Kale and Spinach
- Sweet: Pineapple, Whole Lemon, Apple
- Power: Ginger and or Turmeric
The celery provides a good water base with sodium included. The pineapple and apple also provide a good water base, but with added sweetness. The whole lemon with the skin is needed to neutralize the bitterness of the kale. The spinach does not have a strong taste. The power anti-inflammatory ingredients boost up the power of this juice. The taste of Turmeric will be lost in this mix so you can add quite a bit and not even notice. If you add a bit too much ginger, you will surely notice.
I hope you enjoy how I think up these combinations each day. Have a great weekend! ~Nick:)