When making up a recipe, it is a good idea for those with Crohn’s to include ingredients to treat the big 3: Inflammation, bacteria and ulcerations/irritations. You should include ingredients to calm inflammation, kill candida and bacteria and also heal any ulcers or irritations. In the beginning you target the inflammation, but down the road you need to really focus on the bacteria balance. The bacteria is the key to being free of Crohn’s. Here is a recipe idea that would fit all three. Cabbage is not the easiest taste to handle so I will attempt to cover it with some sweet base.
- 1 Apple = sweet base, colon detox, antibacterial
- handful of red Grapes = sweet base, detox, blood thinner
- 1/2 Lemon with skin = Anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, flavor
- small wedge of Purple Cabbage = Antibacterial, Healing Ulcers
- 1 inch of Ginger = Anti-inflammatory
- 1/4 bulb of fennel = Anti-bacterial, Anti-gas, Anti-inflammatory
***The cabbage is an ulceration healer, but has a pretty harsh taste. I cover that taste with apple, grapes and lemon***