When I first started juicing, my mission was to decrease the inflammation that comes with having Crohn’s Disease. I soon learned that in addition to the anti-inflammatory properties, there were so many more benefits that heal from the inside out! I first thought that ginger root was the only ingredient that was for inflammation. Ginger is the king in my mind, but there are so many more.
Anti-inflammatory ingredient list
Fruits: Blueberries, grapes, limes, lemons, papaya, pear, pineapple, strawberries,
Veggies: Carrots, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery, Cilantro, Cucumber, dandelion greens, Ginger, Kale, Parsley, Spinach, Turmeric, Watercress, Wheatgrass
As you look at this list, you can really see why green drinks are so amazing for inflammation and overall health. In reflecting back on my first month of juice, it was loaded with green juices!! Below are a few of the recipes that I have used for inflammation and overall body purification. I usually build drinks by choosing sweet, greens, water base.
BOLD = Anti-inflammatory
- Starter green – Apple, Celery, Cucumber, Spinach, Lemon, Ginger
- Green Energy – Apple, Pear, Kale, lemon, Ginger, Coconut water 10oz
- Sweet Green – Apple, Pear, Carrot, Lemon, Bell pepper, Kale, Ginger
- Anti-inflammatory elixir – Apple, Cabbage, Lemon, Celery, Kale, Cilantro, Parsley, Ginger
- Lemon/Ginger Blast – Apple, Lemon, Ginger, Mint, Cucumber, fennel, Celery, dandelion, Kale, cilantro, coconut water
- Red Energy – Red bell pepper, ginger, lemon, kale, beets, tomato
- Crohn’s Eliminator – Cabbage, Carrot, Pear, Cucumber, Kale, Cilantro, Ginger
***Important to note that green cabbage is a proven healer of intestinal ulcers, which would work wonders for Crohn’s/Colitis**
Stay tuned to more Crohn’s Killing Combinations!!!!!!!!!!