Hello everyone! It has been quite a long while since my last post. Rather than post daily about everything that I am doing, I thought I would give it a year of trial/error.
- I can now eat/digest all foods with the exception of heavy cheese, spicy food and fried foods.
- I am able to drink liquor, wine and beer again and survive the next day.
- I usually only use the bathroom 1-2x per day as opposed to 3+ on most days.
Here is what worked for me and it takes a Lifestyle change to get there:
#3 is a big part of why I can now eat mostly anything!
- I create and drink raw juices daily and alternate them with smoothies now.
- I try to eat a whole foods diet where each ingredient is real.
- I do a one day fast/cleanse on Sunday to flush everything out. I then fill up with juices and probiotics to start the week.
- Lialda – Crohn’s medication- ( 2x per day. Taken for fear of another obstruction happening)
- Celexa – Stress that brings on a crohn’s flare–(I am a teacher)
My supplemental meds:
- Fish Oil – This one is for triglyceride levels.
- Digestive Enzymes – This is the key to help eat almost any food once you are healed.
- Vitamin D – Docs orders!
- Metamucil/Miralax – Keeps things from backing up leading to a possible obstruction.
- Probiotics – Used on the cleanse day only to repopulate.
My newest addition to this lifestyle is the whole foods diet and exercise. I am trying to get back down to my normal weight after being able to eat more of a variety. So far after just 3 days – +5 pounds lost!
I do not know when I will post again because I really have said all I know in all of these posts. Until then, have a great day! 🙂